Last updated by pledbrook 4 years ago
Inside GrailsAs an open source project, Grails lives by the contributions made by the community. However, Grails is a complex piece of software and it is not easy for developers to start hacking away at it in a useful way. With that in mind, this page is the starting point for the documentation that describes how Grails works. Once you know how its internals tick, it becomes much easier to debug the code and write patches.So where do we start? It depends what part of the framework you are interested in.
- Script framework - How Grails commands are implemented
- Startup - What happens when a Grails application starts up
- Plugins - How plugins are loaded and configured
- GORM - Hibernate mappings, dynamic finders, etc.
- Web (MVC) - Controllers, tag libraries, and GSPs.