Last updated by spidie 4 years ago
This page is under construction now. It's just a proposal, not a plugin documentation or something.
What is this page?This page is intended to collect our ideas about the Grails JCR Plugin(s). If you have some additions â€” don't hesitate to add it here or raise a topic in grails-user maillist.
What count of JCR-related plugins do we need?Currently, grails-jcr plugin encapsulates Apache Jackrabbit as JCR implementation.I think that we should have several plugins:
- grails-jcr â€” provides persistence to any JCR 1.0 compliant implementation
- grails-jackrabbit â€” requires grails-jcr and provides Jackrabbit as JCR implementation
- grails-some-other-jcr-implementation â€” ...
Grails JCR Plugin Feature List
- Provide complete implementation of persistence layer in Grails, in ideal user should have an ability to switch from Hibernate to JCR with no code changes (except configurational ones), so we should provide .save(), .delete(), .findBy*(), relationships management methods and all other methods from GORM
- Support any JCR 1.0 compliant repository
- automatically detect repository's level
- for level 1 repositories support read-only access
- for level 2 repositories support read-write access
- support optional features if they are present in the implementation (locking, versioning, etc)
- Support custom mapping configuration to allow connections to the legacy repositories
Grails Jackrabbit Plugin Feature List
- In conjunction with Grails JCR Plugin we should give user out-of-the-box Grails-over-JCR implementation
- Maybe support some Jackrabbit-specific features, such as Access Control, Node Type Management, etc...