Jeff Brown will visit Australia to provide the official Groovy and Grails Training in Sydney. During the course attendees:
- Receive an introduction to Groovy by learning how to install it, use its compiler, shell and console, and how to integrate it in your applications.
- Learn the language fundamentals, such as its Java-based syntax, its powerful strings, how to define operator loading or how to leverage its easy XML parsing capabilities, and more.
- Learn all you need to know about Meta Object Protocol (MOP), Metaprogramming Hooks and ExpandoMetaClass.
- An introduction to Grails, the Grails Stack, getting started with scaffolding and getting to know the Grails command-line environment.
- Learn how to maximize use of MVC in Grails by using services, controllers, views, tag libraries, GSP templates and Ajax.
- Learn how to use and optimize Grails plug-ins including lessons on extension points, architecture, how to package and install, artifacts and command line scripts.