The Grails API Toolkit is a complete set of API tools and an API abstraction layer that automates alot of the tasks needed to build your API like api docs, real time notifications / webhooks, generated headers, responsive content type and more. This also abstracts the API away from the Controller/model with a more universal API Object that can be defined with roles, rules and definitions for handling the request and response at the front controller.
grails install-plugin api-toolkit
RequirementsIMPORTANT : Please make sure to install and configure Spring Security 2.0> prior to installation.
FeaturesSome of the features in the apitoolkit include:
- complete API abstraction layer
- API Object
- autocaching and bootstrapping of environment
- header generation
- support for different encoding types for return data (as set by client)
- apidoc generation
- webhooks/real time notifications
- API Chaining
- improved perfomance
- integrated spring security for setting roles on your APIs, docs and hooks
- simplified api generation and usage