Description:This plugin exists to allow a developer to quickly access the database for a running Grails application. Some embedded dbs, like derby only allow access to the db from within the JVM that has launched the db. Others such as the in-memory HSQL may not provide an decent tool to quickly see what the database looks like for a newly created Grails app. To get around these limitations I wrote this small plugin (1 controller & 3 gsps) that can be used to admin the db within a Grails app as it is running. Simply install the plugin into your existing app, run your app and go to http://server:port/appName/dbUtil to access the database screens. Check out the Screenshots tab to see exactly what the plugin provides.
Install:grails install-plugin db-util
Usage:There are three actions with the following urls described below…
- /$appname$/dbUtil/info - Shows info about the db (tables/columns/column type, etc)
- /$appname$/dbUtil/data - Outputs all the actual data alphabetically by table
- /$appname$/dbUtil/sql - Allows free-form select/update/delete commands
- With the "configuration by environment" feature of Grails 1.1 I hope to add the ability to control whether this plugin is installed into a production app. Because it is a security hole, by default I plan to disable the plugin in production.
- 0.4 - Upgraded to Grail 1.1 and fixed related bugs
- 0.3 - 1.0.x