Last updated by 3 years ago
Page: Community, Version:91
Get Involved!Grails has a growing following and if you want to get involved the developers are all nice people (promise!) who are keen to have ideas, code and just about anything contributed. There are a number of ways to get involved with the Grails community, you can:
- Read Testimonials from Grails users who have experienced Grails first hand!
- Take a look at the Mailing lists archives and post new questions/ideas to the community!
- Grails.org is an open wiki and hence an ever growing knowledge base of information about Grails. Just click the "Edit" button at the top of this page!
- Get involved in the User Groups, the place where people meet to talk about Groovy and Grails.
- Come and chat to us on IRC at irc.codehaus.org where most Grails developers can be found in the #groovy room
- Write a Blog post about Grails, or even a Tutorial! Just talking about your experiences with Grails can either help others get involved or provide constructive feedback to the Grails team.
- Look at other OpenSource Projects based on Grails or opensource your own project
- Follow what is happening with Grails now and in the future with the Grails Issue Tracker and on the Roadmap. Or even better checkout the latest commits!
- Contribute your own Custom Tags that could eventually be included in Grails core!
- Post some ideas for new Grails features in the development Sandbox. This is the area where we play around with ideas before they are promoted into JIRA issues.
- Add one of the Grails buttons on the left to your site or blog to help spread the word about Grails
- Contribute yourself by becoming part of the Grails Team!
- Try out the Forums
- Check out what's going on with Grails on Twitter
- Facebook users can join the Grails Group on that service
- Are you web development company that uses Grails in your projects? Lets promote yourself on the Grails Development Firms page
- Keep your skills up to date with GrailsMag
- Attend a SpringSource training course to get up to speed with Grails quickly!
Attend a ConferenceThere are Groovy & Grails related conferences popping up all the time, below is a list of known event. If you know of or are organising a Groovy & Grails related conference, add it here:
- Minneapolis, MN - GR8 in the US 2010, April 16th
- London, UK - The Groovy & Grails eXchange 2009, December 9-10th