Last updated by 4 years ago
Page: Roadmap, Version:3
Grails 1.2 "Bedivere"
ThemeThe theme for this release is stability and upgrades to core components as well as the continued modularization of Grails core.
- Spring 3.0 Support
- Replace Jetty with Tomcat for default container
- Standalone Groovy Server Pages (GSP)
- Web Flow extracted into a plugin
- Upgrade other key dependencies
- Incremental improvements to core
Target Date - June 2009
Grails 2.0 "Galahad"
ThemeTake modular development with plugins to the next level by allowing modular deployment with OSGi
- Ability to package plugins as OSGi bundles
- Ability for plugins to declartively declare dependencies
- Generic security abstraction supported and implemented by different plugins
- Ability to override sensible defaults for constraints, cache strategy etc.