Grails 3.2 M2 and GORM 6.0 M2 Released
July 22, 2016
The new version of GORM is really the theme of this release. There are so many great new features that we wrote a dedicated "What's New" guide just for GORM (to go along with the new dedicated GORM documentation).
Just to summarize the new features in GORM include:
- GORM for Neo4j 3.0 Bolt Driver Support
- GORM for MongoDB 3.2 Drivers
- RxGORM - GORM for RxJava
- RxGORM for REST built on RxNetty
- RxGORM for MongoDB built on the MongoDB Rx Driver
- Universal Multiple Data Sources Support includin a new ConnectionSources API
- Multi Tenancy Support for Hibernate, MongoDB and Neo4j
- Spring Container Free Bootstrapping
- Unified Configuration API
- Improved Unit Testing
Of course GORM 6.0 is usable in all versions of Grails 3.x.
On the Grails side, Grails 3.2 ships with release candidates of the new AngularJS 1.0 scaffolding (Angular 2.0 support is coming) and JSON Views 1.1 plugins as well as numerous improvements to the profiles.
Grails 3.2 has also been updated to the latest and greatest dependencies including Spring Boot 1.4 RC1 and Spring 4.3.
Check out the What's New in Grails 3.2 Guide for information on all the updates.
We're inching closer to an RC now so it is a great time to try your applications and report issues!