Webinar: Introduction to Grails Multi-Tenancy
October 12, 2018
In this webinar, 2GM (Groovy, Grails, and Micronaut) team member, Sergio del Amo Caballero, demonstrates the multi-tenancy capabilities built into Grails and GORM.
Multi-tenancy, as it relates to software development, is when a single instance of an application is used to service multiple clients (tenants) in such a way that each tenant's data is isolated from the other. Among other things, multi-tenancy enables you to build software as a service (SaaS) applications.
Grails developers interested in learning how to integrate multi-tenancy in their applications will get an introduction to Grails' multi-tenancy capabilities and an in-depth demonstration of how to implement this powerful functionality.
The following topics are covered in this webinar:
- Supported multi-tenancy modes (database, schema, discriminator)
- Grails' built-in tenant resolver
- How to build your own tenant resolver
- How to build a custom tenant resolver by logged-in user
- How to configure datasources dynamically while using database multi-tenancy
This webinar is an excellent learning opportunity for Grails developers who wish to gain an understanding of Grails multi-tenancy capabilities and the possibilities therein.