GRAILS® SUCCESS STORY
When cyber risk-management company, Brinqa, faced a particularly complex development initiative, the company turned to us for our Grails expertise and received the invaluable support and exceptional results we're known for.
A leading provider of unified risk management based in Austin, Texas that enables stakeholders, governance organizations, infrastructure, and security teams to effectively identify, measure, manage, and monitor technology risk through its award-winning software and cloud services.
Brinqa needed to build a particularly complex object-mapping solution around a Neo4j plug-in for Grails. When considering the scope of the project and the estimated timeline involved, Brinqa’s leadership concluded that it would behoove them to bring in development support for their team.
Brinqa didn’t just need highly skilled coders; they had to find programmers with advanced expertise in Grails, Grails Object Relational Mapper(GORM), and Neo4j.
When Brinqa was founded in 2008, the company’s leaders recognized the advantages of using and advancing open source technologies.
Because Brinqa’s development team was largely made up of Java developers, the open source Grails framework was selected to ease the burden of substantial code development and configuration efforts.
Grails continues to deliver on the initial promise that drove Brinqa's adoption and use of the Grails framework to begin with: to make Java development faster and easier!
Today, Brinqa’s solutions are trusted by Fortune 500 companies around the world.
Additionally, Brinqa attributes the following benefits to the adoption of the Grails framework and the support we provided:
- A 50-70% increase in developer productivity
- Significant acceleration of development efforts and upgrades, greatly improving overall responsiveness to business demand and speed to market
Over the past few years, Brinqa’s team has sponsored the development of a Neo4j plug-in that connects with GORM. In holding to its commitment to support open source development, the plug-in is available to the community at large.
The Grails framework continues to evolve and add capabilities, and Brinqa continues to incorporate and enhance its Grails environment to aid productivity and overall business support.
When faced with complex development efforts, establishing a partnership with the right support team can make all the difference.
When seeking programmers with advanced expertise in Grails, GORM, and Neo4j, Brinqa needed look no further than Object Computing's engineering team.
With access to Grails co-founders and the framework's core development team, Brinqa could turn over large portions of the preparatory work to us while their own development team remained focused on activities necessary to keep the company moving forward.
We assisted Brinqa with three distinct efforts:
- First, the Grails feature set was tailored specifically to Brinqa’s needs, ultimately resulting in streamlined learning, development efficiency, and support responsiveness.
- Second, we collaborated on an upgrade to Neo4j 2.x. This opened up technological possibilities that would not have been available otherwise.
- Finally, our team participated in a rewrite of GORM for Neo4j, allowing Brinqa to take advantage of the capabilities of a new version of the Neo4j Bolt Driver for Neo4j 3.x.
Combined, these three projects provided Brinqa the foundation they needed to efficiently move ahead with the planned solution and complete it on time and within budget.
THE GRAILS FRAMEWORK
- Accelerates web application development
- Supports exponential scaling
- Maximizes “convention over configuration”
- Deploys well within existing, complex environments
- Provides necessary flexibility to develop plug-ins and to quickly resolve issues